Saturday, May 3, 2014

National Scrapbooking day!

Hi everyone - got a slow start this morning.  I'm back on my foot but it's pretty slow going still.  Good in the morning but foot swells as the day goes on and there are only so many shoes I can get on still.  BUT every day gets better.
Spent part of the week down in Galveston with Brandy getting her all ready and oriented to start her one year speed nursing degree.  She already has a degree in Biology so this is a one year speed program for her BSN.  They had orientation Thursday and Friday but we went down on Monday so got to spend two days with her before she got started.  I only got the clear Monday morning to start walking on it. Day two we did a marathon around the UTMB campus trying to find the bookstore.  I was dying to say the least - my poor foot was so swollen!  We had some awesome pool time that afternoon though.  Then Wednesday we got to have Gavin all day.  Brandy had been his nanny since he was born and I've been scrapping him.  Mom had her last day of medical school on Wednesday.  We had so much fun taking him on the beach, shopping and just enjoying having a baby around. Of course he ran right to Charlie and jumped on his lap.  Took a little longer for me which is unusual as babies usually come right up to me.  Megan said he spend so much time with her and Brandy that he goes nuts when her hubby gets there - guess the male bonding!
Well first up today I have my layout for the CSI CASE FILE.  Loved the colors but for some reason took me awhile to get this one done but loved how it came out.  This is my granddaughter, Madison.


 Next is my card for the Unscripted Sketches.  Got all these Graphic 45 papers from Core'dinations in my recent box and couldn't wait to play with them!  Plus I have a lot of May birthdays.  My twin grandkids turned 12 on the 1st! 
And now for a few pictures from our baby sitting day.  First was Charlie playing with him the night before pretending to snore - which Gavin now does!
Then at the hotel. Gavin playing with the camera on Charlie's phone.  

 Then some quality time playing on the beach. 


Then at lunch he was dying to have my lime and even after a bite of it resulted in this he kept chewing on it until he finally went and fed it to the fish!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love love love your lo and your card!! Gorgeous colors and loving the textures on your lo!! And those photos are PRECIOUS ... but that LIME one is PRICELESS!! I loveeeeeeee it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Debbie, this is magnificent and I just love the pics xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete