Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Well our family style!

 Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!  Mine  has just started.  When I was married the first time we spent our holidays on the road traveling between "his" family and mine and I swore that I wouldn't do that to my kids.  SO we always have our Thanksgiving on Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Not only does this allow me to fulfill my holiday requirement at work but it also makes it so much easier on my kids.  They are free to spend Thanksgiving day with others and we celebrate on Saturday.  With the his, mine, and ours that we have we usually end up with in the neighborhood of 15-30 people.  I also take in some orphans from work so makes for a fun day.  My eldest came in last night, my youngest daughter already here and her bff (claim her as well) arrived last night.  We sat and played 42 most of the evening and just generally had a great time.  Today is turkey day.  All I have left is to put together the dressing and we should be ready.  Luckily I have a hubby who loves to cook and all that's required of me is turkey dressing. 
Today I have a card for you for Unscripted Sketches.
 


 Next up is my layout for CSI.  Immediately when I saw this palette I went for my Core'dination's Amour paper!  And since my computer was acting up I had to pick from pictures that were already printed out. 

Then since CHA was occupying my time this last few weeks I haven't had much time to play with the kits I've gotten.  I'm diving into my Noel kit now and here are the first two pages from that.  UGH  I already got my Noel December kit too.  I need some major scrap time to get through these!  Won't be happening anytime soon either - have work and classes this week and work the week after.  AND then my  hubby and I are going to take our own Christmas trip to New Orleans the week before Christmas - can't wait!








Here are a couple of tags I made for Core'dination's last month.  Just got it in my head that I wanted to try these and loved how they came out.  I embossed the tags, sanded them and then inked them with Tim Holtz inks.  Then I sprayed them with some Mister Huey inks and put them together. 




Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everyone was able to get together for today! I hope you had fun! I loveeeeeeeeee your projects! They are all gorgeous! I love love love love those tags!!!!!

    ReplyDelete