Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday cards



Well first of all I wanted to show off the new collections put out by Jillibean and Cosmo Cricket together with Core'dinations. These are absolutely the yummiest papers I've ever had the chance to play with - if you scroll down to an earlier post you will see one I did with a piece of the Jillibean line. I have another one to show in a week or two for the Unscripted Sketches blog.


The first card I have is for CPS blog sketch. I saw this idea on a card (by Ryann Salamon) in the last ST to put little brads along a ridge and decided it was a perfect idea for this sketch and for core'dinations papers. Now I used an entire sheet of cardstock trying to work on white without getting it dirty - I kept pricking my finger with the brads and getting blood on it - grrrr! But finally here's a clean version!

Next I did this for the S2G challenge that used both a sketch and a challenge to use chocolate on your card - can be brown papers, etc. Here's what I came up with. I think the papers are Making Memories together with Core'dinations cardstock. The stamp Paper Salon and Cornish Hens.
The last card here is for Get Sketchy blog sketch challenge this week. For this I used some of my prized Scenic Route - so sad there's not going to be any more Scenic Route - one of my all time favorite paper lines!. Stamp is from the Michael's dollar bin.Thanks for stopping by! I'm actually going to try to get a layout done now! OH and I have someone coming out to fix my computer so my router and my wishblade work - oh happy day!

20 comments:

  1. Very nice cards, I love the way your used the S2G sketch, those flowers are very nice. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your cards are quite lovely! so glad you were able to join us for the TT challenge over at S2G! you did a great job with the chocolate challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice cards. I love how you did the CPS sketch card.

    TFS,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cards here! wow! glad u joined in the S2G challenge! hope to see u back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, I love all of those brads in the scoring... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What ca-ute challenge cards, Debbie! Love the one with the brads along the score lines, and got such a big smile reading of your trials and tribulations with that. Nothing worse than pricked finger tip, though. That sure smarts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chocolate card! Yum! Thanks for joining us at S2G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really fab cards Debbie! My fave is the first one...I love the soft pastels and those brads...really sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet birthday card. Love the random brads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are lovely-especially like your chocolate card. Thanks for playing @ S2G!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw these papers in somebody's blog and I can't wait to see it in person. Your cards are all beautiful, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of wonderful cards!! I love the embossing and scattering of brads on the first one! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful as always! Love the new papers, and I can't wait to get my hands on some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards look great!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card, thanks for playing at GS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Debbie these are fantastic!! I love the dimension and texture these have to them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh, I love how you used the brads on the birthday card and I just had to giggle about the story on getting a clean version! Sorry it's not funny but I understand the frustration with dealing with white! hahaha -- I love the chocolate card too - so elegant and pretty! I miss being around the boards with you but am glad I can still see your wonderful work here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH how I LOVE what you did with that CPS sketch! What a really fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards! I love the dimension and texture these have to them. The colors of the cards very well and amazing. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete