Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday with Unscripted Sketches and CSI

Another great week here - weather has been great.  I'm working today though which isn't fun but I'll be off tomorrow. 
First up is my card for Unscripted Sketches this week.  Fun sketch to play with.  And I had this cute Dear Lizzy stamp I wanted to use on this.
  

Next up is my page for the CSI Case file this week.  The Case led me to do a page about my favorite things I like to do - my therapy as I call it - starting off with scrapping! 



Journaling:
As a trauma level one ICU nurse I am always under pressure at work because my mistake or oversight could mean someone's life.  And it being a teaching hospital I also have to be vigilant that a new doctor doesn't make a mistake as well.  So when I am home I've learned to enjoy my time.  Being around trauma makes me appreciate and love my family and friends and appreciate what God has given me.  Now that I'm part time I get to spend a little more time doing these things.  So on my days off the things that bring me joy are pretty simple but I love them.  I love being able to have a couple of cups of coffee and catch up on fb.  On a work morning it's in a thermal cup on my long drive in.  After my leisurely coffee I put on my running shoes and out the door I go.  Lunch with hubby at our favorite place is a bonus.  Then of course I love my scrapping and love spending the afternoon here in my studio.  But in the evening or if I have to go somewhere my book is always with me - who knows when there will be a spare moment to read a little.  And evenings while hubby watches TV I combine my reading with crochet.  All this brings me peace and I treasure every second!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! LOVING that balloon on your card and love love love that journaling on your lo!! Powerful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on both challenges, but I especially love your layout and journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your lo, debbie! love to see how your relax and how you enjoy life. - vivian

    ReplyDelete