Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well I'm still on the card kick - decided to play with the new Copic markers I got at Hobby Lobby the other day some more. I hear that you really need a class to learn how to really use these the way you are supposed to but have to say that I'm having a pretty good time going in stupid! I'll have to look into finding something around here because I've seen some pretty gorgeous work when they are done right. But since I've been as much a stamp hoarder as I am a pp, flower, let's see ribbon, letter sticker, etc hoarder I decided I wanted to try to use them more. So here were some of the early results:

This first one is using a Hero Arts stamp set I have had sitting here for I don't know how long mixed with a Michael's stamp ( you know those $1.00 stamp sets you just can't resist but seldom use??)
Then this started out to be about the core'dinations but after I got the core'dinations part of it done it just seemed to need something more and I LOVE these Cornish Hen stamps (Kim Hughes rocks stamps may I say!) So I added them to the front of the card and loved how it came out.



Then because I had a stack of 3bugsinarug paper sitting here trying to motivate me I made this little birthday card. Loved these colors in this paper line.


And last of all I was going through my Dimensional stickers and found this cute little hat and purse and came up with this idea. The Glitz was the perfect paper for a glamour card don't you think? Needless to say Brandy loved this one! - LOL! Imagine that my little shopaholic!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so missing all the girls at CMK - we have all hung there for so long I'm kind of lost without stopping in there to say hi at the end of the day. Have to find a new home base I guess. Today I've pulled out my new yummy IAAS kit to play with. The kit is centered around "friends" so I'm desperately hitting everyone up for some friend's photos to use. Course right off the bat I made a card. Lynn outdid herself with the embellishments this month! Don't know if I have enough paper to use them all up but there's plenty of paper too. Lots of inspiration here to work with!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing cards Debbie!!!
    And you're right about Kim Hughes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u rawk card making too, i say ! :) will be back for more inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are soo adorable , Debbie !

    Totally miss CMK ! I know the feeling ! I havent found another place like it all . But I do hang out most at AMM now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying AMM, too, but it is a big adjustment period not having CMK around anymore!! I love these cards, debbie, and the "water you up to?" card is my favorite!! Absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about that "water you up to" card is adorable! The colors are the best with that splash of red.

    ReplyDelete