Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday with Unscripted Sketches and CSI



 Can't believe it's already Saturday but this has been one LONG week.  I know I haven't posted much but getting ready for CHA was keeping me so busy.  Finally got all my stuff out last week - well the first wave anyway.  I'm sure there will be some last minute projects that need to get done but the things for the catalog went out on time.  Then I had somehow landed a horrible schedule at work.  Was to work Friday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Almost overwhelming for me who normally works no more than two in a row - then has several days rest before I tackle it again.  Anyway Friday I ended up with the assignment from H - I mean probably the worst I've had in I don't know when. Agitated patient who was spitting - like trying to keep a 195 pound two year old in bed and not hurting himself or me.  I was exhausted - came home and told my hubby I was just too old for this stuff.  Anyway as you know we keep our house constantly on the ready to show basis since it's for sale so when I leave in the morning my room is spotless, bed made, nothing on the counters.  I had had a fever blister after a sinus infection the week before and bought campho phanique (sp_) for the first time.  Had just thrown in under the counter when I left for work.  Well I has Lasix years ago so I have chronically dry eyes and I use lacrilube and drops in them nightly.  Went to do that and can even remember thinking wow that sure went in smooth (lacrilube is usually gooey).  About the time I started the left eye the right one started burning but your natural instinct is to blink so got it in the left as well.  Basically scalded my eyes.  Lubed and babied them all Saturday.  We are short so went in on Sunday - charge nurse took one look at me and sent me to the ER.  Three hours later was sent home and then had to follow up with Optho on Monday.  Good thing is I didn't burn my corneas and your eyes heal quickly so I'm back to normal - just still a little dry and need lots of drops.Then on top of that was trying to recover a jump drive and the CD that my SIL sent wiped out my photo program.  Had to order a new one (since I'd long ago lost the disc) and then couldn't get it to upload.  Finally my SIL called me last night and helped me fix it (he's my own personal go to computer wiz and guess what I can understand him!!!)
Here's my card for US this week.  Not sure I'm very happy with it but it works with the sketch. Please stop by and see our new Design Team's inspiration.

Next up is my layout for CSI case file this week.  Don't know what led me off into this grid pattern but it worked with the cute little pictures I had of Gavin from my trip to Houston.  AND this little guy got me four happy mails last week plus I had another one picked up of my granddaugthers!  Great week for happy mail!



Then last month we had a little challenge between the Design Team to create a chalkboard page with our Black Magic.  This was so fun.  The wonderful thing about Black Magic is the different colored base colors.  I started with a sheet that had a turquoise base.  Then I randomly sanded over my score it (hint) sand it while it's still on the ridge of the score it - much cleaner.  Then I took some pink based Black Magic punched a strip and sanded it to show the core.  Then I used my Spellbinder's die and cut more of the turquise flowers, sanded them and then curled and sprayed them with Mr. Huey and put them together.  I added a few Petaloo flowers as well since they perfectly match Core'dination's cardstock and done.  Oh forgot to add I had painted over a Crafter's Workshop stencil on here as well and added some circles in ink.  When you put down Black Magic over Black Magic is just blends it - you can't see that you are really using separate papers.  LOVE it!  AND this is my beautifully baby girl - caught her unawares that I was taking pictures at a family party.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... you have had quite the week!!! So sorry to hear about the eye ... but so happy you didn't hurt it permanently!! I love love love your projects today ... they are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Debbie you are fortunate you can still see! That is scary -- I also had Lasik and when I told the nurse about my dry eyes she replied, quote "I have never heard of the happening - you must have had it before" I almost slapped her! :) Meanwhile - you do AWESOME pages!! [I perused down the blog page since I haven't been by in like A LONG TIME!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the project all tie in so nicely!! LOVE that orange with the aquas..and scrumptious stripes!!

    Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete