Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday and Unscripted Sketches and some Core'dination's

Well it's Saturday and time for a new sketch over at Unscripted Sketches! First I have to tell you how my last couple of weeks went. To say I'm exhausted is putting it mild and I have to go back to work tomorrow for my regular schedule again which is Sun, Mon and Wed (those are 12 hour days and I live an hour away from work). I had switched my schedule around to try to get a few days at the beach and when that fell through the person I had switched with decided she would just like to keep the switch and not change back to my regular schedule. SO with that said I ended up working Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, Mon, Wed AND then at 4 :50 am on Thurs got a call that I was called in for another 12!!! I had totally forgotten that was my "on call" day and sure enough someone had called in. Until about 10 am I would have just dropped and cried if anything had gone wrong - after about 10 I finally got in gear again and made it through the rest of the day just fine. BUT now I only had two days to recover and now I'll head back to my regular schedule tomorrow. Twelve hour days are hard as a young nurse - as the oldest nurse in my unit they can be a killer if I don't get time to recover in between. It's not that I don't love my job- I do and going back this time has been very rewarding - families really appreciate my experience and my age but it's when I get home that I realize how tired I get.
BUT on to more important things on a Saturday morning! I have a sketch and a couple of cards and a layout for you today. Got more on my desk that I hope to get to as well.
First off is my card for Unscripted Sketches. I used a cute Smooches stamp with some Echo Park (I am going to get through some of my stash as I have a trip to Archiever's planned in a couple of weeks).




Next up is the color challenge for March this month over at Core'dination's. I love the greens on this color pallet and it seems so appropriate for this month.
Then the question was brought up over on the Design Team blog as to whether or not any of us had printed on the Pearls cardstock so I gave it a try and it worked beautifully. The stamp is another of my Smooches stamps.Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. OH the good part of last week was that while I was working my kitchen was getting done - new texture and paint. All I have left to do is the trim and then the back entry and pantry/laundry room! Looking good!

8 comments:

  1. Great projects, LOVE your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet. Love the lion and lamb. The LO is beautiful too. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to visit your blog there are always nice and beautiful things to see!!!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... those sound like tough hours... I can't even imagine!! I hope you get some rest soon! I loveeeeeeee your cards and your lo!! Soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!! You always have the BEST COLORS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects and your blog is lovely to visit. Sounds like you almost have your kitchen the way you want it to look, awesome. Do take a pic when it's complete, I'd love to see the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie you are one awesome lady to do all those hours then create something as wonderful as these, they are all so gorgeous that centre LO really stands out, the colours and design are perfect, the cards are both so lovely, well done you.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely work Debbie! I so admire you for keeping up with the crafting despite such a hectic work life too!!

    ReplyDelete